Make Your Gaming PC Work For You, in-depth Crypto Mining Tutorial
Crypto Mining mostly refers to the mathematical process a computer performs that helps create new cryptocurrency coins and validate/register transactions on the blockchain. Most cryptocurrency mining rigs require a graphics card, or GPU for short, in order to complete these tasks efficiently. CPU mining is also a possibility, but it’s not even close to GPU capabilities. That means that most of the gamers with decent hardware can start earning money when they are not using their desktop. This Guide will allow you to make your first steps into mining, and you will learn how to use your existing Gaming PC to mine cryptocurrencies.
What Do You Need To Start Mining
Learn How To Build a PC For Games & Mining
This is a great game and tool for anyone looking to build or upgrade their Gaming PC by himself. It allows players to simulate the performance of different parts.
What Parts Do You Need To Start Earning Crypto
It is also recommended to have at least 8 GB of RAM and a recent CPU, even though the CPU won’t be used in mining, it still can have an impact on your GPU performance.
You Must Optimize Your Gaming PC For Mining
Do not worry, in case of overheating, your Computer will automatically shut down to prevent damage to your Personal Computer.
Overclock Your Gaming PC To Earn Even More
Follow these steps to optimize your Computer for crypto mining and gaming:
- Start by installing MSI Afterburner from the official MSI website.
- Click on the General tab in Afterburner and tick Unlock voltage control, Unlock voltage monitoring, and Force constant voltage.
- Restart Your PC.
- Slide your temperature limit to 87 degrees Celsius.
- Put the core voltage (%) slider all the way to the right.
- Click the Check button underneath the sliders to apply the settings.
How Much Can You Earn From Mining?
However, Nicehash has a great tool that can provide rough estimates depending on your hardware. You can check how much you can earn from mining here.
What Mining Software To Pick?
Nicehash, The Most Popular Mining Software
How To Set Up Nicehash
Follow these easy steps to begin earning money:
- Create an account on Nicehash
- Download the Mining Software and Run it
- Create a wallet address from any desktop or mobile app wallet
- Copy the address and paste it into Nicehash software
- Click on a play button
- That's all! Mining Started
Gminer, Top Pick for Enthusiasts
Mining different coins can be a bit risky, but as the saying goes - high risk, high reward. So if you want to choose your own crypto to mine - GMINER is the way to go.