Unlock All Minecraft Nether Update Secrets to Survive Hell
The Nether is a fun, mysterious and hellish realm, full of lava, dangerous mobs and fire, which was introduced with Minecraft 1.16 Update. Venturing into the Nether is mandatory to beat the Ender Dragon and Wither, while experiencing Potion brewery and sneaking away from exploding beds. If played right, the Nether is an enjoyable overworld place to travel great distances in a short amount of time and encounter exciting adventures. This article will guide you on the right way to get prepared for The Nether, how to unlock its hidden secrets while hacking your combats with the new mobs.
Get Familiar with The Nether Challenges
“Learning is a matter of gathering knowledge. Wisdom is applying that knowledge.” (Dr Roopleen)
What It's Like In the Nether
The End & The Nether Portals Differences
The Nether Exclusive Locations Tour
- Nether Fortresses are Castle-like structures, composed of nether bricks and filled with unexpected drops, dead ends, and challenging creatures, such as Wither Skeletons equipped with poisoned swords. Find it using one of the fortress locators available online
- Bastion Remnants are unique large fortifications that host large amounts of gold and gold blocks waiting to be found, that can be exchanged for Minecoins. Note they are also inhabited by vicious piglins, piglin brutes, and hoglins
- Nether basins look similar to their Overworld parallel, but uniquely, they replace the ground with netherrack instead of stone, and expose various ores, such as nether quartz ore and nether gold ore
Prepare Professionally for The Nether
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” (Benjamin Franklin)
Gear Up Like a Pro for The Nether
Know The Nether Dangerous New Mobs
- The Blazes are flying hostile mobs found that shoot fireballs at intruders that inflict direct damage. These fireballs cannot be deflected by melee attacks or arrows, unlike ghast fireballs, but can be effectively blocked by shields or neutralized by snowballs.
- Magma Cubes are extremely hot to the touch but they drop magma cream - essential ingredient in fire resistance potions. Be careful when attacking them, since their chopped pieces will relentlessly attack back.
- Zombie pigmen, aka Zombified piglins, have strong family ties. Hurting one will likely attract the negative attention of his relatives in the area.
- Ghasts are slightly deceptive. While they look like fluffy, innocent clouds, they tend to get angry at visitors passing by and spit fireballs at them just for fun.
- Wither Skeletons are speedy and extremely dangerous. They usually take advantage of dropped weapons and armor and cause substantial damage using them in combat. "Withering" means you'll take extra damage and turn your hearts dark over time.
- Piglins is the second most aggressive society that lives in the Nether, mostly around the Crimson Forest. While they usually attack on sight, dressing up as a respectable figure will reduce their aggressiveness
The Nether Achievements' Secrets
Nether Update Version is Essential
Essential Nether Survival Life Hacks
“I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” (Margaret Mead)
Eat & Sleep Tips to Survive the Nether
Top Nether Building Tricks
- Digging in the Nether is more risky than it looks; Never mine straight down in this hostile domain, to avoid fatal lava eruptions
- Use Nether Quartz Ore, found in the Nether embedded inside of netherrack, to build block forms, redstone comparators, or daylight sensors
- Ghasts cannot damage Cobblestone, so always prefer using it for your base building and bridges. Use a Netherrack rock as a long-lasting torch to light your construction
- Gravel abundance in the Nether and its gravity-obeying property make it useful for a variety of building tasks, such as quickly filling in water and lava lakes, filling up caves to prevent mobs from spawning there, or for setting up suffocation traps
Best 5 Nether Combat Moves
- Upon arriving into the Nether, quickly build a base around the portal brick by brick, to prevent mobs from jumping into the Overworld, and recover in later fights
- Keep an eye out on the skies around the Nether fortress, where blazes or ghasts are likely to fly by and throw fireballs at you.
- Use Beds and Respawn anchors as explosion tools in combat against mobs. Zombified piglins may drop useful items during the combat (gold ingots, swords and others), but fighting them is highly risky. Use a small 3X3X3 shelter, with a block at its foot level to execute a hit-and-run fighting tactic to exhaust this opportunity
- Ghasts are likely to be the deadliest Mob in the Nether, especially in bad positions, such as bridging a gap, so the player is advised to avoid unnecessary confrontations, except where needed as part of an achievement
- All Nether mobs are totally immune to any fire based swords or flame-bows, except normal skeletons in Nether Fortresses
Top Nether Survival Tactics
- Wear a piece of golden armor when traversing through the nether to effectively avoid piglin attacks or establish a soul-fire block to scare them off.
- While they misleadingly look empty, the vast lava oceans are home to the enigmatic striders, so stay alert when roaming them.
- Piglins will prefer to fight you in groups, where the whole clan joins in, so such confrontations need to be carefully executed, according to Piglins’ presence around
- Locate Nether wart plant (or buy some with Minecoins), which is the basis of most effective potions you will be using in the Nether. Splash potions of Healing can practically save your life when you get to it in combat.
- Start brewing potions the earliest possible one you get into the Nether to Put you in a great shape for your Nether ultimate experience.